Monday 30 June 2008

Out of this world

Long time readers of this blog will know that back in April I posted a blog featuring a crazy Christmas lights display.

Well, following on from my post the other day about seeing festive lights for sale in June, I found this the other day on YouTube.



I don't know what I like more about this video; the fact that the lights display is just so OTT, or that it's set to that well know Christmas hit Star Trekkin' by The Firm.

For those of you who remember the original from 1987 as fondly as I do, here's a reminder of what can be achieved with simple puppetry and claymation. Who needs CGI anyway? (Hey, that sounds like a potential title for another book!)



And then there's this version which was specially created for the 2006 Star Trek Convention, featuring the original cast.

No comments: